In this session, students will learn about primary and secondary colors, states of matter and about our five senses. We'll make fossils, explore magnetism and static electricity, and hear about several natural weather phenomena. Learn about chemistry and polymers, dissect seeds and make edible insects and ppiders! For Halloween, our lab dons a spooky feel as we have fun with eyeballs and jello brains!
Science Made Fun programs provide an opportunity to expose kids, at an early age, to the amazing world of science and nature, through discovery style learning and inquiry based dialogue with a real scientist. In this hands-on science class, students will explore various topics among chemistry, physical, life, and Earth sciences. Each week the students will discover a new and engaging scientific concept, which will be accompanied by two or three hands-on experiments which bring the concept to life. Students roll up their sleeves and become REAL scientists!
- Matter Matters©: Find out what really matters. Have FUN as we explore all different types of matter. Discover bubbling potions for yourself, watch air take up space and even have a contest with carbon dioxide!
- Color Fun©: Separate colors, make secondary colors and make rainbows in milk.
- Spooky Science©: Enter our spooky science lab at your own risk! Make your very own Goblin Goo and glow-in-the dark eyeballs to keep!
- Fossil Fun©/Jurassic Jr.©: Step back in time to the age of the dinosaurs. Become a paleontologist and discover real fossils. Uncover the mysteries of the dinosaurs. Make your very own fossil.
- Fun'omena©: Get the facts…on those natural acts—earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and volcanoes. Learn about our changing conditions which cause these phenomena. Have FUN as we make them happen in your classroom.
- Magnet Makers©: Discover the properties of magnetism. Have FUN as we uncover all the "attractive" facts. Make your very own electromagnet and much more!
- Fantastic Static©: Get charged as we have fun with static electricity!
About the Instructor:
- Let's make Sense©: Have FUN as we make sense out of our senses. Explore our five senses, one at a time. Discover how much we rely on our senses.
- Get Buggy©: Learn the difference between a bug and a spider. See for yourself how an insect really sees the world. Make a bug that you can even eat!
- Spiders: Learn about a spider and its lifecycle. Spin a spider web and make an edible spider!
After working in the biotech industry for almost 14 years, Shalini Wadwani
decided to switch to a more fulfilling and meaningful career of teaching science in a fun and entertaining manner to children. Her hope is to inspire them to pursue science in the higher grades.
Wednesdays, October 17–December 19 | No class November 21 | 9 classes
Room E-104 | Room F-401 on November 14, 28
$290 Members* | $320 General Public | *Eligible for 50% off to members
Contact: Salina Barnette | (650) 223-8684 | [email protected]